[AD] Allegro 4.1.6/Allegro 4.0.3

I would like to release the 4.1.6 WIP very quickly, say at the end of the
week. The main reason is of course the reversal of the return value
convention for the newly introduced 'save' method of plugins: I don't want to
do more harm to Vincent's alogg.

Moreover, I think that the 4.1.6 WIP should be relatively stable and usable
(provided that I didn't introduce more bugs, fingers crossed). So I propose
that we consider releasing a 4.0.3 beta before the end of the year, in order
to retrofit the many bugfixes that went into the 4.1.x series.

I'm ok to do the backporting work and I plan to keep it as minimal as possible
(for example, I don't want to backport the big change that was applied to the
tree of header files, in order for Allegro C++ programs to compile with
BC++).

Comments ?

--
Eric Botcazou