Re: [AD] linux keyboard mapping?

> Ok, I'll probably try doing it some time soon (depending on how well
> written setup.c is), and how nicely it works out. It can then still be
> decided if it should be a separate tool.

I'm ok for the merge. But the recollection of me unicodifying the setup
program is not very encouraging.

> Personally, I'm also not completely sure about this (is/will be there
> really no keyboard with more than 128 keys?). Anyway, Eric told me in
> windows it's possible to retrieve the scan codes directly (the same ones
> the DOS version of Allegro uses) - so only linux/X/BeOS need an
> additional lookup to convert the system-specific code back to a scan
> code, and then continue with src/misc/pckeys.c.

I confirm: under DOS, Windows and QNX we are returned the raw PC scancodes,
that the Allegro keyboard handler natively understands. Under BeOS, there is
need for a reverse mapping like under X, but it is unique so can be
hard-coded.

--
Eric Botcazou