Re: [AD] linux keyboard mapping?

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 11:54, Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono wrote:
> epschern@xxxxxxxxxx :
>
> > Right now with a german keyboard layout about 10 keys are missing
>
> same thing with my italian keyboard...

Maybe you can try my modified xkeymap (it's attached to my other mail).
The original xkeymap showed all KEY_* codes, and you could press the
corresponding key for it - but the not-working keys were exactly those
where I had no idea which KEY_* they should be on. With my change, it
also shows the characters, so it gets quite simple I think :) (Maybe it
even should be integrated into the setup-utility when compiled for X11?
Would be a matter of adding another #ifdefed button "Keyboard" and
pasting the code.)

I also tried if it is possible to automate it, but the Xlib functions
don't provide enough information. It would be possible to detect
something like the german 'z'/'y' keys - but e.g. the modifier keys can
only be detected by parsing the /etc/xkb/... files AFAICS.

--
Elias Pschernig