Re: [AD] Pentium Pro optimizations under *nix

> The change (relative to previous patch) is that now --enable-pentiumopts
> is overwritten by --enable-pentiumproopts instead of the other way around.
> It also adds a --enable-k6opts, to enable k6 optimizations. I considered
> adding optimization options for i386 and i486, but then decided not to
> bother. I modified the script so that it is rather easy to include new
> target options, though.

How about passing the relevant options directly to gcc then ? I just re-read
the manual and there are plenty of variants in the new versions: i386, i486,
i586 (=pentium), i686 (=pentiumpro), k6, k6-2, k6-3, pentium-2, pentium-3,
pentium-4, athlon, athlon-xp, athlon-mp.

We could have --enable-optimizations=xxx for the -mcpu switch
and --enable-exclusive-optimizations=xxx for the -march switch, the default
being --enable-optimizations=pentium.

--
Eric Botcazou