Re: [AD] Pentium Pro optimizations under *nix

> The attached patch adds a --enable-i686opts to the configure script
> (default value: no) and a --enable-exclopts flag (default value again no)
> that can be used to generate specific code for either the pentium, or the
> pentium pro. If both --enable-pentiumopts and ---enable-i686opts are
> specified, it goes with the lowest system, that is, the pentium.

I think --enable-pentiumproopts and --enable-exclusiveopts would be more
consistent.

Moreover, I think you could enable non-exclusive Pentium optimizations by
default on x86 processors (allegro_cv_support_asm=i386 is probably the right
test) if no optimizations are specified, like on the DOS/Windows side.

Otherwise looks good :-)

> On a side note, should these configure options be documented anywhere

./configure --help is sufficient I think.

--
Eric Botcazou