Re: [AD] set_gfx_mode() rewrite

> The problem is, they aren't really symmetrical because we have ports that
> don't support windowed drivers, whereas fullscreen is always supported.

True.

> I'm still not very fond of adding this gfx_cardf variable: doing so may
> appear as enforcing consistency, but I think it's not the case. From my
> point of view, the legacy gfx_card variable is actually the gfx_cardf
> variable, so that GFX_AUTODETECT_FULLSCREEN is associated with gfx_card
and
> GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED with gfx_cardw, GFX_AUTODETECT being the union of
> both.
>
> I propose the patch attached to this message, which more clearly enforces
> that: GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED doesn't read the gfx_card variable anymore
and
> GFX_AUTODETECT reads the gfx_cardw variable if the gfx_card variable
failed
> to provide it with a working driver.

Yes... I see your reasoning, and thinking about it, it does look like the
proper thing to do (situations where other behavior is wanted could be
handled on the application level and doesn't have to be included in
Allegro).

> Moreover I think that, from the user point of view, three variables is
too
> much.

absolutely - especially if you have to set them by hand.

> > Are there any plans to update the setup program to allow the user to
> > select the graphics driver? If not, I'll add it to my personal todo
list,
> > but I'm eager to continue with the grabber first.
>
> This was talked about several times, but never materialized.

Ok, it's on my personal to-do list.