Re: [AD] RLE clipping speedup

> dat2c right ?

No, probably wrong too.

> You mean having rle/data in the struct rather than in a malloc'd
> area ? Seems fine to me as it is. It's true that it could be changed
> now that lines can't be NULL anymore, but...

No, I mean mimic-ing the layout of the BITMAP structure (see my previous
message). The data would be malloc-ed.

> And if you don't clip, you won't be accessing lines, so you get less
> cache misses ;)

The C code unconditionally accesses the lines[] array, doesn't it ? A
contrario, the asm code features two versions, with and without clipping.

> Anyway, I'm away next week, and it's not something that I can do in
> an evening, seeing as I always thoroughly test the patches I send ;)
> So it'd have to be the week after. But I'd rather leave it as is.

We have first to make a decision anyway.

--
Eric Botcazou