Re: [AD] Bug report (config file routines)

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 06:57:42PM +0200, Emeric Poupon wrote:
> Bug found!
>
> I tried to load a text from a config file like that:
>
> [name01]=my text, but it's finished by this char:"é"
>
> And the program crashed when trying to load that (using get_config_string function)
> Note that adding a space after "é" solved the problem.
> What could we do to fix that?

Thanks for the report. Most likely the .cfg file is being read as utf
and the accented character indicates a composed character due to it's
MSB set, and tries to find it past the string.

> Another thing: I think multilanguage support is misused. There should be
> something that make Allegro displaying some fine French/English/Spanish
> error messages (for example) without doing some weird things with
> the program.

At the moment you put language.dat and keyboard.dat in the same directory
that your application, and add a .cfg file with the following lines to
the same dir:

[system]
keybard=fr
language=fr

Is that so complicated? If yes, can you propose an easier solution?