Re: [AD] Bug report (config file routines)

 --- Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit : > On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at
06:57:42PM +0200, Emeric Poupon wrote:
> > Bug found!
> >
> > I tried to load a text from a config file like that:
> >
> > [name01]=my text, but it's finished by this char:"é"
> >
> > And the program crashed when trying to load that (using get_config_string
> function)
> > Note that adding a space after "é" solved the problem.
> > What could we do to fix that?
>
> Thanks for the report. Most likely the .cfg file is being read as utf
> and the accented character indicates a composed character due to it's
> MSB set, and tries to find it past the string.

Will it be easy to correct?

> > Another thing: I think multilanguage support is misused. There should be
> > something that make Allegro displaying some fine French/English/Spanish
> > error messages (for example) without doing some weird things with
> > the program.
>
> At the moment you put language.dat and keyboard.dat in the same directory
> that your application, and add a .cfg file with the following lines to
> the same dir:
>
> [system]
> keybard=fr
> language=fr
>
> Is that so complicated? If yes, can you propose an easier solution?

There should be something easier to use. What about switching between languages? The
user have to change itself the config file and that's not that good. There should be
a universal config file executable for Allegro or something like that.