RE: [AD] [WIN] DirectDraw surfaces restoring

Title: RE: [AD] [WIN] DirectDraw surfaces restoring

> That's a risky expectation under Windows because, even under normal
> circumstances, Allegro may send several (unbalanced)
> SWITCH_OUT/SWITCH_IN

OK, seems I assumed too much about the switch events then.

> Moreover, wouldn't sending a SWITCH_OUT event many times
> during the gameplay
> be dangerous too ? For example if the global timer is stopped
> at each event.

How often do you think your patch would send those on averate ?
I assumed it was only at exceptional times, eg, when a screen
saver pops in, or something. Was it the problem that Neil Roy
had with his game on Windows XP ? IIRC, it was happening pretty
often...

--
Vincent Penquerc'h