Re: [AD] [WIN] DirectDraw surfaces restoring

> Would it be feasible to call the switch out callback just
> before ? I'd expect switch calls to be paired, and Valkin II
> expects that: it increments and decrements a counter, and
> pauses the game timer while out.

That's a risky expectation under Windows because, even under normal
circumstances, Allegro may send several (unbalanced) SWITCH_OUT/SWITCH_IN
events. It simply propagates the Windows messages and AFAIK they are not
guaranteed to be balanced, especially when a screen resolution switch is
necessary between the desktop and Allegro.

Moreover, wouldn't sending a SWITCH_OUT event many times during the gameplay
be dangerous too ? For example if the global timer is stopped at each event.

However I understand that the opposite viewpoint has the consistency on its
side.

What do other developers think ? Should we definitely make a call now or
wait until the patch proves to work ?

- Eric