Re: [AD] [WIN] DirectDraw surfaces restoring

> Hmm well I believe Allegro has an option to suspend the program when
> swtiched out?

Yes, Allegro blocks on any graphics routine under Windows when it is
switched out (if the switch mode requires it of course).

> This might be a bad thing from my point of view, and having switched
> in/outs might be the answer.

Even if the patch made Allegro send SWITCH_OUT events, these would only be
"fake" SWITCH_OUT events, i.e Allegro would never block and more generally
perform the tasks it performs for regular SWITCH_OUT events.

> Regardless, I thought it was at least implied that the switch callbacks
> would be paired properly.  A note should be made in the docs if not
> already there ( I don't see it there in my Allegro 4.0.1 docs ).

Hey! Shoud we really add a note on every feature that could be implied but
doesn't actually exist ? I thought the rule of the game was "Only rely upon
documented features".

> These are just thoughts though, I don't know if I'd use any of them.  For
> the time being, for my games using dirty rects, they just set a "total
> redraw" flag when the switch in callback is activated, and so far that's
> been good enough for me.

That's precisely what I had in mind: allowing the user to set his "total
redraw" flag whenever the DirecDraw surface are lost.

- Eric