Re: [AD] Windowed grabber?

My own extension to the grabber windowed thing. It does what I already
described: it sets the default gfx driver to windowed if the grabber is
invoked as xgrabber. As a consequence, I have added yet another new option
(imaginatively called fullscreen) to request a fullscreen mode when
starting the grabber as xgrabber...
Sounds a bit like overkill to me, now that we have the -windowed flag. Oh
well, apply if wanted (I want it ;-) )

> > By the way, does anybody know why diff sometimes outputs bogus changes?
> > Sometimes it outputs a line as having been changed even though the line
is
> > identical (and cmp doesn't  complain). The whitespace is identical.
>
> Did you inspect the lines (or the diff file itself) with a binary editor
?
> Two different characters may be rendered as whitespaces and your editor
may
> convert one into the other. I know of a situation where this consistently
> happens.

There is a -b switch to keep diff from treating changes in whitespace as
changes to the source. Does this solve the problem?
*** tools/no_x_grabber.c	Mon Sep 23 15:46:35 2002
--- tools/grabber.c	Mon Sep 23 15:43:41 2002
***************
*** 3111,3116 ****
--- 3111,3119 ----
     static int color_depths[] = { 32, 16, 15, 8, 0 };
     static int autodetect_card = GFX_AUTODETECT;

+    if (strstr(argv[0], "xgrabber"))
+       autodetect_card = GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED;
+
     allegro_init();

     for (i=1; i<argc; i++) {
***************
*** 3121,3126 ****
--- 3124,3132 ----
  	 else if (strcmp(argv[i]+1, "windowed") == 0) {
  	    autodetect_card = GFX_AUTODETECT_WINDOWED;
  	 }
+ 	 else if (strcmp(argv[i]+1, "fullscreen") == 0) {
+ 	    autodetect_card = GFX_AUTODETECT_FULLSCREEN;
+ 	 }
  	 else if ((argv[i][1] == 'p') || (argv[i][1] == 'P')) {
  	    strcpy(password, argv[i]+2);
  	    entered_password = TRUE;