Re: [AD] Drawing a flipped RLE sprite?

>      draw_sprite_*_flip
>
> These do not, but that could easily be added.

Ah! So you want to add the three variants, which effectively means 6 new
functions (C and asm). It looks like we've started to slip... :-)

> IMHO, rle-sprites are mainly intended for `static' images, such as
> character sprites. You don't ordinarily need to do a lot of fancy stuff
> with those: just draw them, light them or flip them. Following that
> reasoning, a draw_gouraud_rle_sprite should be a good thing too...

I agree with your premise: RLE sprites are "static" images. So I think the
line to draw for them is the following one: no support for geometric
transformations. (The [AD] archives are here again much missed). And I agree
with your last conclusion too: a draw_gouraud_rle_sprite routine would be
acceptable from this point-of-view (be it technically feasible).

--
Eric Botcazou