Re: [AD] dat2s bug

> It shouldn't be a big problem anyway. We could just change dat2s to be a
> "dat2c", i assume this would only mean changing a few output strings.

I don't know how dat2c works, but I don't see your point here: you still
need to initialize a static data structure with a non-static variable
(font_vtable_color for example). And you can't do it in C at compile time.

> Or alternatively, maybe dat2s/fixup_datafile could be extended with an
> option to fill in all DLL symbols at runtime.

Yes, the right solution. After tweaking _construct_datafile(), I was able to
run the dynamically linked setup program.

I think the cleanest approach for a robust fix is to prevent dat2s from
emitting any library symbol in the assembly file and to defer the linking to
_construct_datafile() at runtime. I'm working on a patch.

- Eric