Re: [AD] dat2s bug

> In windows, when using the dynamic version of allegro, dat2s is broken.
> (I don't have access to windows right now, so I'm not sure if it is
> still there. And I also can't try to fix it, as it works in linux.)

More precisely, the asm files produced by dat2s (no matter the linking
scheme of dat2s.exe itself) can only be merged into an executable that is
statically linked against Allegro.

> The problem seems to be the name mangling for the dll version, in
> combination with the names used in the output by dat2s.

Only the tip of the iceberg I think. I tried with the setup program: after
manually editing setup.s produced by dat2s from setup.dat, I was able to
link the program. However it consistently segfaults at runtime on the first
occurence of a DLL symbol in setup.s (namely font_vtable_color).

Does anyone know what happens ? At this point, my wild guess is that the
dynamic linker doesn't set the runtime address of a DLL symbol that belongs
to the .data section.

- Eric