Re: [AD] 'al_' and 'AL_' prefixes

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 04:33:48PM +0200, Javier Gonzalez wrote:
> Hello, while browsing the OpenAL site (www.openal.org) I just found out
> this page:
> http://www.openal.org/snapshots/openal/docs/oalspecs-specs/introduction.html
> where it reads
> ...The 'al' and 'AL_' prefix is omitted throughout the document....
>
> So I just wanted to warn about a possible conflict with this library in the
> future whenever Allegro 5 is out.

It would be very unlikely, because although they use the al and AL
prefixes, their naming convention is C++/hungarian-like, so they have
alWhateverDoThis and things like that. The only point where this could
conflict is with defines, since they also use uppercase underscore
separated names, but having had a quick glance at what they offer,
the names seem to be also very different from Allegro's.

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz