Re: [AD] dat tool save header patch

On 2002-07-26, Daniel Schlyder <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Why is it necessary?  C preprocessors won't complain if you include the
> > same header multiple times.
>
> It's not, but isn't it sort of a standard?

It's a hack to workaround a deficiency of the preprocessor.

> And won't the preprocessor waste
> time re-processing the same file for every time it's included otherwise?

Maybe, but I doubt you could notice.  Disk access is much more likely to
be the bottleneck, and whether you have #ifndef ... #endif or not, the
preprocessor still has to read every line in the file.  Not to mention
the time to actually compile and/or link.

But, I won't complain if someone else applies your patch :-)

--
王浩禎