Re: [AD] Non-FM OSS MIDI driver

> My main complaint is that it's too high level, it interprets the
> events too much. :)  Here's a summary of how (IIRC) Allegro's
> MIDI handling works:

Amazing! What you call too high-level, I call it too low-level :-)

I guess that's because my viewpoint is that of the MIDI file: (I've secretly
always wanted to be a MIDI file ;-) instead of simply loading the file and
streaming it in big chunks to the platform-dependent driver (what I would
call high-level treatment), the platform-independent code interprets each
MIDI data (what I would call low-level treatment, because it gets its hands
dirty).

In conclusion, and modulo the reversed terminology, I agree with you. In
particular, a DirectMusic 6 MIDI driver wouldn't fit nicely into the current
framework.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx