Re: [AD] sincos

On 2002-04-09, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > - grabber sorting option
>
> There is a related feature request on SF's tracker for a long time and
> Peter ruled against it because of backward compatibility. IIRC your patch
> breaks it too, doesn't it ?

If it's selected on a per-file basis (as I think was suggested on SF
message thingy) it should be fine.  I wanted it in the past too, though
not right now.

> > - add -pipe to the compilation command line
>
> Looks ok to me. Peter, are you ok to apply it now ?

Last time I saw this in the gcc man page:

       -pipe  Use pipes rather than temporary files for  communi-
              cation  between  the various stages of compilation.
              This fails to work on some systems where the assem-
              bler cannot read from a pipe; but the GNU assembler
              has no trouble.

I forget where the discussion went after that.  Anyway, it should
disablable in configure.  And does it really give a speed boost?
I couldn't tell, I think.