Re: [AD] Some points about the grabber

On Friday 12 April 2002 13:34, Peter Wang wrote:

> > > I'm ok with this feature. What do you think about it, Peter ?
> >
> > Hmm... wouldn't it be simpler to always follow the symlinks ?
>
> I think this is the safer approach.  Whether other programs should be
> considered broken, I don't know.
>
> If you're going to commit, the patch could possibly use
> fix_filename_path instead of realpath.

The grabber already does a fix_filename_path when opening the file, and
looking at the source for fix_filename_path, I don't think it'll expand a
symlink - then again, I haven't tried either.

> And there's some minor formatting and potential buffer overflows.

I thought I'd looked up the Allegro source formatting requirements... what
did I miss?
I don't think I introduced really more potential buffer overflows than
were already there (though I think I read in the man page that realpath
itself can cause some problems).
I'm ok to modify my original patch and submit a new one, btw.