Re: [AD] Relative paths in the grabber

On 2002-04-14, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1) It adds another checkbox to the grabber window, which really doesn't
> fit. I'd imagine there's also a new checkbox for the sort patch posted by
> Vincent. What will be the policy for these checkboxes? I squeezed mine in,
> but it's *very* ugly and breaks in higher resolutions. Will there be a
> datafile-properties popup-menu instead of the boxes in the main window?
> Any thoughts on this?

Or use a scrolled selection list?  If you make a properties box then
the Header file, Prefix, ... text fields could be put in there too.

> 2) It's currently a hack in the function that handles the grab command.
> I'd like this to work for update and grab-from-grid as well, but as far as
> I can see, this requires some heavy modifications to datedit.c. How
> serious would breaking backward compatibility for datedit be?

I don't think it's hugely bad.  Do you mean the long list of
parameters that get passed to each save routine?  I think they should
be collected into a struct.

> 3) Currently, when the option is active it applies to new entries, but
> doesn't touch existing ones. Is it desireable to change this? I'm guessing
> no, but thought I'd ask anyway.

You're probably right, but a popup menu entry "Relativise paths" would
be nice.