Re: [AD] [WIN] problem with mouse mickeys when in windowed mode

> > Hi, looks like (I only tried in Windows) I am in a windowed mode and i
use
> > get_mouse_mickeys, if the mouse reachs a border of the screen it won't
> > report any mickey mouse =) movement...
>
> It depends upon which screen you're talking about. In the pre-4.0 era, I
> made so that mouse movements are reported even if the mouse cursor isn't
> moving over the Allegro screen (that is, the window). It still works for
me.
> But no movements are reported if the cursor isn't moving (hence if it has
> reached an edge of the desktop) because we rely on Windows (and not
> DirectInput) for getting the mouse input in windowed mode.

post 4.0 era
Well, since the docs say "The mouse will continue to generate movement
mickeys even when
it reaches the edge of the screen, so this form of input can be useful for
games that require an infinite range of mouse movement." I would have
expected it to report mouse movements always, but I guess this isn't
possible because of what you said? (that we don't rely on directinput, but I
wonder if there is a way to do it using the WinAPI.... time to visit MSDN
again =)