Re: [AD] [WIN] problem with mouse mickeys when in windowed mode

> Well, since the docs say "The mouse will continue to generate movement
> mickeys even when it reaches the edge of the screen, so this form of input
> can be useful for games that require an infinite range of mouse movement."

Strictly speaking, the current behaviour isn't inconsistent with this
sentence if we consider the window to be the Allegro screen. However, I
agree that this interpretation is a little far-fetched ;-)

> I would have expected it to report mouse movements always, but I guess
> this isn't possible because of what you said? (that we don't rely on
> directinput, but I wonder if there is a way to do it using the WinAPI....
> time to visit MSDN again =)

I think it's doable though (but is there anything not doable with enough
time and resources ?), either with Win32 programming or with DirectInput
programming. In the latter case, the main hurdle would be to ensure a smooth
transition between Win32-calculated mickeys and DirectInput-calculated ones.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx