[AD] 4.0.1 - FreeBSD results

I'm running FreeBSD 4.5, pretty much straight out of the box settings, other
than some server software like Apache, PHP, and MySQL.

* I had to download gmake (version 3.79.1). Just to be sure, I moved the
standard 'make' away and created a link so that make -> gmake.

* After doing a 'fix.sh unix' and a './configure' it sat there forever
re-running itself. I noticed it complaining about future timestamps, so I
did a 'touch *' and that seemed to do the trick. (I'm in CST -6)

* Running 'make' worked up until it got to the VGA files. I've included a
text file (in unix format) that has the output. I did a
'./configure --enable-vga=no' and re-ran.

* It built the library and was working on the examples when it complained
that it couldn't find 'libX11.so.6' and 'libXext.so.6'. The command line had
'gcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib' included and that's where the files were, but I still
got the message. I copied those two files to '/usr/lib' and re-ran it.

* Everything appeared to go fine then. I assumed I had to do a "make
install", so I did. It appeared to recompile the entire library again, just
as if I had typed "make".

* I tried to run ./exhello and it complained it couldn't find the allegro
library 'liballeg.so.4.0'. I created a link in /usr/lib to
'liballeg-4.0.1.so' and ...

It worked great. :)

I ran through quite a few of the examples, and it seemed to be fine. The
only glitch I ran across was minor:

In Full Screen modes that are lower than the current resolution, the
background border is not completely black. I noticed this in the "Select a
Video Resolution" screens primarily. If you were to divide the screen into 9
cells (3 rows by 3 columns), the bottom middle one was white, while all the
other 'border' cells were black. The mouse was limited to the middle cell,
like it should have been - there was just the bottom middle cell was filled
with white. It happened on several of the example programs, but I didn't do
any testing. I have an Asus V3400 TNT video card if that makes any
difference.

--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.allegro.cc