Re: [AD] Mini-synchronization API proposal for 4.1.x

Eric Botcazou wrote:
> Ok, so we can be lazy too and don't bother dealing with recursive locks ?
>
> --
> Eric Botcazou
> ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx

I suggest against it.  I tried going the non-recursive route and it was
so much more trouble than it was worth.  Some might say that recursive
mutexes is a poor programming practice, and it might be though...  For
Allegro you probably won't need it, but recursive mutexes is already
automatic in Windows, and in POSIX it's just the addition of a single
line.  CriticalSections in Windows are already recursive and in that
case they are very fast as well, even.

Even on an OS not supporting recursive mutexes they are trivial to
write.

Gillius