Re: [AD] Mini-synchronization API proposal for 4.1.x

On 2002-03-20, Jason Winnebeck <gillius@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>                                         recursive mutexes is already
> automatic in Windows, and in POSIX it's just the addition of a single
> line.  CriticalSections in Windows are already recursive and in that
> case they are very fast as well, even.
>
> Even on an OS not supporting recursive mutexes they are trivial to
> write.

(also a good argument for _not_ supporting recursive mutexes ;-)

How about this: first we put in normal mutexes, leaving recursive use
unspecified.  You can then send in a "trivial" patch to handle the
cases where recursive mutexes are not available.  I'll write the
autoconf tests if you like.  Sounds fair?