Re: [AD] 4.0.1 release

>Do you have Bash installed on your Windows/MSVC system

No, but if making the _bin package is a pain for everyone on here, I can
easily set it up.

> For the record, there was only one difference, but it was important:
> the `c:/djgpp/cat.exe' line was fixed to use `copy'.

If I remember correctly, I was already using modified makefiles file even on
4.0.0. It seemed the old cat.exe problem was always getting re-added, so I'd
always change it for the Allegro.cc releases. But I did use the same
makefile as I was using for 4.0.0 - it works at least on my XP without DJGPP
installed.

On a related note... why is MSDEVDIR even looked at? Is this a pre-version 6
thing? Because in MSVC 6, MSDEVDIR is *not* where you want the includes and
libs copied, and it is a source of problems. People don't run vcvars32, even
though they are supposed to. A lot of times MSDEVDIR is already set
automatically, but MSVCDIR is not. Thus the includes & libs get copied to a
place that isn't even looked at by MSVC. And then they complain because it
says MSVC cannot find "allegro.h", and they cannot think to add it to their
include path. ^_^  So unless this affects older versions of MSVC, I'd
propose that MSDEVDIR is removed from all makefiles and a message is
generated that tells people to run vcvars32.bat if MSVCDIR is not set.

--
Matthew Leverton - matthew@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.allegro.cc