Re: [AD] Proposal for small change in d_edit_proc()

> Or what about:
>  - if d1>0, d1 specifies the maximum number of characters
>  - if d1<0, -d1 specifies the maximum number of characters and dp2
> points to dp+sizeof(buf)
>  - if d1=0, no character limit and dp2 points to dp+sizeof(buf)

I actually restrained myself from proposing that, because of the strict
backward compatibility issue. You can always pass INT_MIN for d1 !
But I wouldn't be against it.

> While we're at it, maybe dp2 can point to two ints, the first specifying
> the max number of bytes and the second the max number of pixels? This
> can be useful if the text that is later going to be displayed somewhere.

And a third one specifying the maximum number of points ? This can be useful
if the text is later going to be printed and you are a little stingy on the
ink for your ink-jet printer ;-)

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx