R: [AD] Config routines, alpha 5

> How about the pointer idea?  Attached is a possible start.

I'll apply the patch ASAP.

> Instead of differentiating between int and float, maybe use
> doubles?

I think using double to represent also int isn't clever speedwise even
if a double can represent all the values of an int. Instead, I propose
just to replace the current al_set_float/al_get_float with
al_set_double/al_get_double.

> BTW, why did you use ENTRY_HAS_READ_HOOK/ENTRY_HAS_WRITE_HOOK
> flags? I thought it would be easier just to compare against
> read_hook/write_hook, since you are doing that anyway.

Heh, did that just to be safe :)
Seriously, remember these routines are still prototypes and were changed
often during the last 5 days, so the code isn't yet really polished...

--
Angelo Mottola
a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx