RE: R: R: R: [AD] Allegro 5 new config routines, alpha 1

Title: RE: R: R: R: [AD] Allegro 5 new config routines, alpha 1

> Exactly. see my previous point. But let me restate my comment...
> I see no point in having 2 windowed GFX_MODE screens open at once.

Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
One game that I replayed not too long ago which uses this is
Battle Isle 2xxx (can't remember what the x are). It is a turn
based wargame. It has several windows, that can be moved, resized,
hidden and shown:
one has the main map, another one the minimap, another one some
stats/info on the current selected unit, another one terrain
info, etc. While I agree that an action or platform game has no
need for multiple windows, it would be quite useful in a RPG or
a wargame. And of course, non game programs.

--
Vincent Penquerc'h