Re: [AD] Renamed API second draft

> > Do we really need compiled sprites? I ask cause i have never used
> > them myself to be honest, well, for other than trying... Have you?
>
> we can remove compiled sprites. rle sprites can be worth having because of
> their low memory footprint.

I used compiled sprites for a gui running in high resolution on crap
hardware (below pentium), which were much faster than any other bitmap
type, and the only ones which didn't flicker. This may not be a very
good argument nowadays.

As for rle sprites, they don't use run lenght encoding to reduce
space/size, but to make faster blits. Search the allegro mailing list with
"rle sprites compression blit" and read the last message from George Foot.

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org/