Re: [AD] Renamed API second draft

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:

[snip]

That would be nice, but C can not overload functions. All of these have
the same parameters: draw_sprite, draw_trans_sprite, draw_lit_sprite,
etc, and collapsing draw_sprite, draw_rle_sprite and draw_compiled_sprite
together creates the same problem.

Yes, I'm aware of what C can't do :P
However, this doesn't mean that we can't implement what I've proposed. It's a simple matter of making RLE/compiled sprites be BITMAPs instead of RLE_SPRITE and COMPILED_SPRITE. Of course, not every operation on those bitmaps will be supported, but it would allow us to add support for them later on. It would also allow us to add new bitmap types, since there's only one set of functions to work with.

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)