Re: [AD] Possible new features for Allegro?

> - but most important: an _____EASY______ way to obtain all these
>   addons. This is where I think all the complaints come from: every
>   addon requires a search, a separate install, and many are not of the
>   same mature quality that allegro can boast.
>
> I believe the latter part would solve lots. If we could devise a
> system of add-ons (preferably with an official add-on for each piece
> of functionality) with an download system (website, whatever) that
> enables you to pick and download all your add-ons, we'd be a lot
> further. No more searching: everything is in 1 place with one official
> addon for each problem. One make system: simply install the package in
> the source tree and run make, or unzip it for binaries like djgpp
> does.

This is like my dream too.  When I get my GUI editor working, one of the
first things I will write is a super-duper setup and configuration program.
I haven't done any programming since Sept 11th but I'm feeling good again
now.
What I'm thinking of is like the DJGPP zip-picker but running client-side so
it's useful when offline.