[AD] Possible new features for Allegro?

I have been thinking what features I should start contributing to Allegro.
What kind of library we want it to be? A bloat easy-to-use all-purpose game
programming library or a light layer that just ensures portability within
different platforms? The current state is nearer to the former....
Maybe Allegro needs some high level features that are commonly used in games,
such as scripting and physics engine, maybe not. Also I would like to see a
music module/mp3 playing library integrated to Allegro.
I know these are all available as separate libraries but it would be easier
to use if Allegro provided them.

What do you think?

Best regards,
  Tero Laitinen