  http://alleg.sf.net/future/rc3/allegro-4.0.0.tar.gz
  http://alleg.sf.net/future/rc3/allegro-enduser-4.0.0.tar.gz

I was hoping this would be the last one, but see below.

On 2001-12-05, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I like alleg40.dll better, but I don't feel like mucking about with so
> > many makefiles. If someone sends a patch (completely tested) then okay.
>
> Attached (use VERSION instead of SHORT_VERSION). The tests under Windows
> were conducted after the patch had been applied. But I can't test with MSVC.

Ok it's in.  I tested with MSVC.

> > I removed the line, and put makedoc.c back into the allegro-tools RPM.
>
> Here's what BC++ says about makedoc.c:
> Warning W8004 docs\makedoc.c 2040: 'title' is assigned a value that is never
> used in function write_rtf
> Warning W8004 docs\makedoc.c 2019: 'pardebt' is assigned a value that is
> never used in function write_rtf

I forgot about these warnings when making RC3.

> The robust way (still according to the same manual) of testing for the
> presence of GCC is:
>     if test $GCC = yes

Thanks.

Also, the enduser file is fixed in RC3.

** Now: [my versions of] djgpp sort and Linux sort behave differently
with regards to underscores in the start of a symbol.  The dllsyms.lst
file generated also seems to be a lot different to the previous one.
Eric (or someone else), if you could somehow check this, I'd be grateful.

Finally, I found out yesterday that the new Unix makefile doesn't work
with BSD make.  It doesn't understand the doc building patterns. I
don't know how to fix that.