Re: [AD] Release Candidate 3

[It looks like another message was eaten by the server]

>   http://alleg.sf.net/future/rc3/all400.zip

Compiled and tested under DJGPP, MinGW32 and Borland C++ (6 more
compilations, I'm probably around 20 compilations since RC1 :-)

> I forgot about these warnings when making RC3.

Not very important anyway.

> ** Now: [my versions of] djgpp sort and Linux sort behave differently
> with regards to underscores in the start of a symbol.

Damn ! You're right, although both are GNU sort 2.0 on my machine.
It seems that the Linux version strips the underscores, as though it was
aliased as 'sort -d'. IMHO that's ugly. I tried to play with the LC_COLLATE
and LC_CTYPE variables, but didn't find anything.

Could everyone who has another version or another platform do a test ?
Simply 'sort' the attached file (in French :-).

Here are my results:

DJGPP sort 2.0:
_bonjour
beau
bonjour
brusque

Linux sort 2.0:
beau
_bonjour
bonjour
brusque

> The dllsyms.lst file generated also seems to be a lot different to the
> previous one.

To that of RC2 ? No, they are strictly identical.
To that of 3.9.40 WIP, yes because Henrik probably used the right version of
sort.

> Finally, I found out yesterday that the new Unix makefile doesn't work
> with BSD make.  It doesn't understand the doc building patterns. I
> don't know how to fix that.

Could you post the error ? Where can one get a binary version of BSD make
for Linux glibc 2.2 ?

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx