Re: (Re: [AD] Shawn's thoughts about new Allegro) readkey return val

Martijn Versteegh wrote:

IMHO it is not a good idea for a function as used as ofthen as readkey
to return a complex type.

I think it would be better to just return the scancode of the key,
and create a function al_acii_from_scancode(SCANCODE)
(just using the current al_key_shifts value.

I'd agree, except for that fact that the current key_shifts may not be the key_shifts at the time the key was pressed. There could be delays on the order of seconds (see previous post to Gillius).

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)