[AD] Allegro 5's new graphics core

I'd like to propose the new design for the graphics core of Allegro 5. I tried to make support as much as possible (and be as portable as it can) with as little API calls as possible. I'd like to hear your opinions on it. Feel free to poke at it (I can't possibly think of everything :)

http://pages.infinit.net/voidstar/new_gfx.c

I also disagree with Shawn about not having a GL driver in Allegro. Although I do agree that 3D is beyond the scope of Allegro, I'd still like to use OpenGL's 2D abilities (and acceleration!). The advantages are numerous: we can easily port Allegro's graphics core to platforms that support OpenGL, making a quick-n-dirty port until native drivers appear. Reading back from the screen, although supported, is a slow operation, and drawing on the screen may not give the exact same result as if Allegro was doing it itself (bluring, filtering and all of that), but unless someone is developing Allegro PhotoShop, this shouldn't be very important.

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)