Re: [AD] Allegro 5's new graphics core

Julien Cugniere wrote:

[snip]

I would like to comment on that: I just downloaded and installed AGL
0.0.24-2. Does using the GL driver really make any improvement in speed? I
assume dumbtest is the example showing the 2d allegro graphic functions
running in opengl. On my computer (pII 350, voodoo3) it runs at ~10 fps. If
I ask it to run at 32 bpp (which my video card can't accelerate), it then
runs at 16 fps... Anyway, considering what the example is drawing, it should
run at full 60 fps.

Doubled buffered dumbtest runs at 535 fps here (on my trusty TNT2).
On a GeForce2, it runs at 1000+fps

I think this is not insignificant. The Voodoo 3 may be the factor in the speed, because on all other cards, dumb test runs above 100fps at least.

[snip]

By the way, on my computer exalpfnt fails in hardware accelerated mode (i
get a white rectangle) and works in software mode (i get a nice antialiased
"hello world", though horribly low-res).

This is being worked at, however, both Matrox cards and NVidia cards seem to display this correctly (mine and George's). Can you build the debug version of the lib and send me the generated allegro.log from exalpfnt?

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)