Re: [AD] Allegro 5's new graphics core

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 07:42:28PM -0500, Bob wrote:
> ... That's why reads are so slow - the card needs to finish what's it
> doing, write down everything, then allow access to reading.
> What new restrictions? Other than not having a definite global "screen"
> variable*, and having video bitmaps not share the same space as the
> screen, nothing else but the syntax has changed.

Well, given the first block, something like this is possible but destroys
any hardware acceleration speedup, possibly slowing down everything:

 al_acquire_whatever();
 putpixel(screen, 0, 0, 0);
 getpixel(screen, 0, 0);
 al_release_whatever();

It's certainly a dumb example, but I hope you have considered it.

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx   http://gradha.infierno.org/