Re[2]: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

Hello

Eric, I'm very sorry for my emails.
I'm just not used to sending to that list. ;]

EB> Is force feedback well supported on other platforms (especially Linux) ?
Probably will be before next Allegro's release ;]

>> We can even go further and use DirectX and XFree support for multiple
>> monitors / windows (in windowed mode).

EB> I think that would be more easily feasible than the support for resizable
EB> windows.

My proposal for multi monitor/resizable windows support:

joy1=al_init_device(AL_JOYSTICK,AL_FIRST_JOY);
win1=al_init_device(AL_WINDOW_GFX,AL_FIRST_MONITOR,10,10,200,200);
mon1=al_init_device(AL_FULLSCREEN_GFX,AL_SECOND_MONITOR,800,600,32);

while (1) // main loop
{
  al_poll_device(win1);
  al_poll_device(mon1);

  if (al_get_button(mon1,AL_MINIMIZED))
  {
    continue;
  }

  x=al_get_axis(win1,AL_LEFT_AXIS);
  w=al_get_axis(win1,AL_WIDTH_AXIS);
  al_set_axis(win1,AL_HEIGHT_AXIS,100);
}

I'm talking about API not implementation. However, I think that kind of
device drivers would fit nice into some plugin system.

BTW, Merry Christmas to everybody ;]

--
Best regards,
 Grzegorz                            mailto:Grzegorz.Godlewski@xxxxxxxxxx