Re: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

GAH> Hi.
GAH> My proposal is at:
GAH>  http://alleg.sourceforge.net/future/allegro_new_api_draft_one.txt (60Kb)
GAH> I will put patches to that file on the web once I've collected some.

Sorry if sent twice or more, I have some problems with sending to that list

int keyboard_needs_poll();
int al_keyboard_needs_poll();
Do we need it? As far as I remember input is to be pulled in next
Allegro version.

Mouse functions
Why don't we make joystick like functions for it? It would be possible
to make driver for multiple mice and games like VirtuaCop...
In your proposal mouse use only three axis. You can surely extend it
but someday it won't be enough.
My proposal is:
ALDEVICE al_init_device(int deviceid,options...)
al_poll_device(ALDEVICE dev)
int al_get_axis(ALDEVICE dev,int axis)
int al_get_button(ALDEVICE dev,int button)
One set of functions for keyboard/joystick/mouse.
API would be more flexible and consistent.

What about force feedback support? Any ideas?

We can even go further and use DirectX and XFree support for multiple
monitors / windows (in windowed mode).

--
Best regards,
 Grzegorz                            mailto:GGodlewski@xxxxxxxxxx