Re: [AD] Allegro Leadership Structure

Gillius <gillius@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Shawn recently suggested that some form of decision making structure would
> form for making decisions about Allegro.
<snip>
> I think that it is a good idea.  Before we did not need it but we are soon
> to enter a difficult time with Allegro where many changes are going to
take
> place.  And there will be definiately without a doubt in my mind that at
> some point there will be a fundamental disagreement with an Allegro design
> descision (for example, what to do with the 3D code, and how to change the
> API).

We already have a working system, but it's sort of unofficial. Currently
there's three administrators: Michael Bukin, George Foot and Peter Wang. Of
those only Peter Wang is currently active. George is tied up in work and so
is Shawn. That means Peter can in cases where people disagree make a
decision. Personally I want Peter Wang to continue beeing über-hacker, since
he does a good job. My second prefearance would be Eric Botcazou.

As Shawn said, and what is also generally accepted is that Allegro
development is an open process where everyone can participate and say their
opinions. Developers, especially those who are actively working on Allegro
should expect to be taken more seriously than other people not working
actively on Allegro. As I see it Open Source is a system where those who
contribute the most has the most to say. That's the way it's gotta be.
Respect must be earned not given.

Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.
E-mail: hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx  Homepage: http://hstokset.n3.net