Re: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

Grzegorz Godlewski wrote:

VPh> These two could even get merged:
VPh> int al_get_device_state(ALDEVICE dev,int which);

I agree. There also should be a function for controling device
parameters:
al_set_device_state(ALDEVICE dev,int which,int value);

Device specific function (for instance al_get_device_bitmap) should
check some flag in AL_DEVICE for it's capability to perform this
function as well.

This makes Allegro look more and more like Win32. I'm not sure that's a very good idea.

Also, about the statically linked version: will hte compiler be smart enough to not include the code for setting/getting attributes of objects which aren't in use in the user program?

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)