Re: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

> New features would go in 4.2.x, I think.  Drivers could go in 4.0.x,
> except for three little words in abi._tx (which I don't care about).

I even think we shouldn't include any new stuff in the 4.0.x series: 4.0.x
is feature-frozen forever. Ultimately, a few drivers could be backported
from the 4.1.x line but only if they proved rock-solid.

> Ok.  I won't create the module yet until we know what we're going to
> be doing, i.e. when most of the new API is finalised. <snicker>

But I think you can branch off 4.0.x now and tags the trunk as 4.1.0, so
that development doesn't stall because of the 5.x design discussion.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx