Re: [AD] Proposal for first step towards new api

On 2001-12-20, Laurence Withers <lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Ok.  I won't create the module yet until we know what we're going to
> >be doing, i.e. when most of the new API is finalised. <snicker>
>
> Bearing in mind what Shawn said about developers just doing things they
> want to, and not working to specific todo lists/timescales, wouldn't it
> be a better idea to open the module soon, so that people can jump in and
> try out their ideas?

I'm not sure.  I have a feeling that if it was open now, you would
commit your al_kbd_* changes, then I would change the names to my
preferences, and then you would revert my changes, ad nauseum.
</exaggeration>

I think experimenting can be done with patches.  But if someone else
wants to open a module whenever, that's fine.  (I'm not in charge, I'm
not in charge, I'm not in charge (just reminding myself))