Re: [AD] Proposal to add a tutorial in doc folder

> > under systems who have it we can use tar.
> > under dos arj *is* ok, and if we think that users maybe don't
> > have it, we can
> > distribute it with a .bat file that automatically does the
> > decompression.

Note that there is also a seperate unarj program and IIRC, it is free and
platform independant.

> If we're going to split the archive, I'd rather have it split it manually
> in a logical way (eg the sources in the first archive, and other stuff
> in the second one) like it was mentionned already. This way, there is no
> need for archive concatenation support.

I agree that this would probably be the most convenient solution (I should,
since I suggested it in the first place), if doable.

About RAR: I think trial/free versions exist, apart from a commercial
version. I agree though that it is less widely used than WinZIP (which is,
BTW, also a commercial product).

Evert
--
Evert Glebbeek, Physics student
Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam