Re: [AD] Proposal to change Allegro's doc directory structure

Laurence Withers wrote:
> >A good question would be if these docs/build files should be generated
> >from ._tx files. It could be an option if the manual could integrate
> >them like the changes or thanks files, but I see no way to do this
> >(at least for all format options).
>
> But that requires building makedoc, which won't work if the user hasn't
> set up their environment properly to build Allegro -- which they might
> well need the docs to do. So probably best to leave them as text files.
> BTW, I agree with your proposal.

You are right, the docs/build files must exist in the archive, but we
can still make them be generated from ._tx files. This is how authors,
thanks, and changes are handled already. I think it might be a good idea
to generate docs/build/*, because then we can generate .html versions as
well and put them on the web page.

Sven