Re: [AD] [Fwd: [AGP] Allegro Bug?]

> I discovered last night an incompatibility between Allegro WIP
> 3.9.3.7 for Windows and Window Blinds 1.2 by Stardock. Window Blinds
> is an utility which skins the windows and the taskbar.

I downloaded and installed WindowBlinds 2.2 (evaluation version I think) on
Windows 95 OSR2, running Allegro 3.9.40 CVS (try with 3.9.39 WIP if you
don't use CVS).

> The problems were the following:
> - Allegro reported an error when trying to set a windowed mode

The three windowed drivers (DirectX windowed, DirectX overlay and GDI) work
for me. One weird thing though: WindowBlinds seems to draw a tiny line
inside the client area of the window, thus conflicting with Allegro. IMHO
it's not Allegro's fault.

But I think I understand what happened to you: when Allegro is trying to
set a windowed mode, it first requests Windows to create a window (!) of the
specified size then checks that the actual window just created has got this
size. If the test fails, Allegro aborts. So it seems that WindowBlinds 1.2
was designed to modify the client area of windows. Try maybe to upgrade to
a newer version.

> - GUI elements disappeared when the mouse wasn't over them (I reckon
> they only get drew when the mouse is over them)
> - In the examples the text disappeared and white pixels appeared
> (for example, in exflame the flame was bordered with white pixels).

I can't reproduce.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx